LEOR - Early Childhood Educator | Berrima NSW
Job no: 508132
Work type: Casual
Location: Wollongong, Illawarra & South Coast
Categories: Assistant Educator
Brand: G8 Education
Join us delivering high quality early childhood education, supporting children under 7 years of age with the earliest signs of educational or developmental difficulty, to help prevent further delay as the child progresses, in their family home, allied health hubs, early childhood services or in the community. Go beyond everyday centre-based roles and experience the unique possibilities of Leor, supporting children and families in their home environment.
We are seeking an experienced Early Childhood Educator to provide in home care, work 1:1 with children delivering quality education & care and helping children with complex needs.
You will make an impact as a Leor Educator by:
- Learning Programs: Adapt the Leor Learning Program to the learning and development needs of each child by planning and communicating. Documenting children's development and progress using the Storypark app.
- Reporting and Planning: Maintain written records of observations and outcomes. Delivering high-quality educational programs and creating an educationally stimulating environments for children in their home environment.
- Learning Shapes Lives: High quality holistic support that is tailored to each child’s learning and development needs ensuring positive outcomes for children, families, and their community. Ensuring the highest levels of health and safety are implemented and maintained
- Families First: Remaining adaptable to the needs of Leor Staff and Leor Families ensures children and families are growing together. Developing Early Intervention Plans and Reports in partnership with Allied Health services, delivering these to children in their family home
- Future Focused: Continuous improvement and innovative thinking ensures that high quality, current, and well researched learning and development programs are delivered to Leor Educators and Leor Families. Making recommendations for additional support services, such as the NDIS and Allied Health professionals supporting each child's individual development. Working closely with our Leor Families Team and accessing ongoing training and mentorship as you grow with us.
What Leor can offer you:
- Flexible hours to suit your life, family or study
- Opportunities for transferring locations if you are making a move
- Very supportive and passionate team environment
- Independent, empowering work environment where you’ll see first-hand the impact you create supporting children’s learning and development
- Small Educator to Child ratios, helping you create close bonds with children and their families and focus where it matters
- Career progression opportunities
- Mentoring and professional development
- Wellbeing program to support you
- 12 weeks paid parental leave (for eligible permanent employees and pro rata for eligible part time employees)
As a Leor Educator, you will have:
- A Certificate 3 or Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care, Certificate 3 in Education Support, or a similar ACECQA approved qualification, or be working towards any of the mentioned qualifications.
- Previous paid experience working with children, predominately child aged 0 to 6 years, but some school aged children
- Knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF)
- Working with Children Check and No Disqualifying Criminal History
- Valid First Aid and CPR Certificate (including Anaphylaxis and Asthma Training)
- COVID-19 vaccination or certified medical exemption
Leor is an approved provider of In-Home Care under the Child Care Subsidy. We’re also an approved NDIS Provider and the only childcare provider to have received B Corporation status. That means we’re verified by a third party as a highly ethical organisation that balances profit, with purpose.
Since its inception, Leor has gone from strength-to-strength, we’re embarking on a significant growth phase that will see even more children gain vital access to our services. It’s an exciting time to be joining us!
Please visit our website to learn more about us: https://leor.com.au
If you are interested, we would love to hear from you. Click the ‘Apply Now’ or for more role details, call our Talent Acquisition Specialist Angelica Pascuales (07) 5581 5300 or visit https://leor.com.au/work-with-us/ to discover more about the benefits of joining our growing team.
Leor is an organisation that values the diversity and inclusion of our team and families and celebrates each person’s unique perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer that supports everyone to bring their whole selves to work.
Leor is committed to safety, health and wellbeing and ensuring that our practices are underpinned by the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
Leor would like to acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia. We recognise that this land always was and always will be Aboriginal land and we pay our respects to elders past, present and emerging. We are committed to welcoming Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and families and team members and working towards Reconciliation through early childhood education.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now