Cook - Brand New Centre - Great Beginnings Baldivis
Job no: 504839
Work type: Permanent Full time, Permanent Part time
Location: Perth - Rockingham & Kwinana
Brand: Great Beginnings
Are you seeking a greater work /life balance? Do you enjoy being creative in the kitchen and running your own operation? Do you enjoy working with children? Our newest centre is due to open in Spring 2022, and will have a beautiful purpose built kitchen and all new appliances.
We are looking for an experienced Cook to join our new team to produce high quality, nutritious meals and snacks for our the children in our care, growing in occupancy up to 105 children per day. This unique role offers up to full time hours, with a family friendly roster Monday to Friday. We are happy to discuss what hours will best suit our centre and your lifestyle.
Great Beginnings Baldivis new Centre Manager, Amy is a highly experienced team leader with over 16 years of experience within the early childhood sector, with more than 12 years as part of the G8 Education family. Amy loves watching children grow and thrive every day, she believes that the environment is the third teacher and that children learn best through play and discovery. As a mum of 2 young children, she is passionate about giving children the best start in life and knows the first 5 years are the most important. Her previous teams have described her as supportive and approachable, and she strongly encourages their personal and professional growth. Her teams have been close-knit and fun, she creates a home-away from home where Educators are recognised for their contributions and genuinely enjoy coming to work every day.
At capacity our centre caters for up to 105 children with operating hours from 6.30am to 6.30pm.
Our menus meet nutritional guidelines and are high-quality, allowing young bodies to thrive both mentally and physically. As part of the team, you will feel appreciated, valued and enjoy a truly supportive and fun work environment.
- Experienced in Menu planning, budgeting, stock ordering & control
- Experienced in dietary and allergy safe requirements.
- Experienced in ensuring a clean and safe kitchen environment in accordance with the relevant Food Safety regulations
- Be a Team Player with great communication and interpersonal skills
- Be available for set shift days and times Monday to Friday
Successful Applicants must hold
- A Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or an ACECQA approved Early Childhood qualification and experience in a cook role
- A current Working with Children’s Check and First Aid
- Completed or willing to complete Food Safety Supervisor Certificate
- You will also share our commitment to bringing learning to life, inspiring the children in our care to reach their full potential.
With 450 early learning centres nationwide, G8 Education has the resources to reward your dedication with generous benefits and opportunities to grow:
- Access a 50% discount on early education and childcare fees at any G8 Education Centre, and a 25% discount for your family members
- Opportunities to advance your career within G8’s network of 450 centres
- Supported by our lovely Centre Manager Amy, and a broader network of other centre Cook's and Operational Management
- Access to G8’s Online Learning Lounge with more than 70 hours of professional development
- Exclusive access to The Playground – G8's benefits platform, with access to 350+ retailers
- Uniforms provided
- Access to health and wellness programs
How to APPLY
Please click through to the application form.
If you are interested or would like to find out more, apply now or contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
For a comprehensive list of all our locations and vacancies please visit our website HERE
G8 Education is a committed advocate for child protection, safety and wellbeing. We have a zero tolerance for any form of child abuse or harm. The safety and wellbeing of children will always be our priority and all team members are expected to embrace this shared commitment.
G8 Education is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all who attend the premises that it operates. This includes accepting responsibility to provide, so far as is reasonably practicable, a workplace that is safe and without risk to health for all team members, children and members of the broader community. G8 Education requires all employees to have received both COVID-19 vaccinations (or an approved medical exemption) in line with the state based government vaccination mandates or by 31st January 2022 for support office team members all new employees joining the organisation must also meet this requirement. Please provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination or exemption status on application.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now